If I invite a boy some nightMy Heart Belongs To Daddy – Marilyn Monroe
To dine on my fine food and haddie
I just adore, his asking for more
But my heart belongs to Daddy
Music and fashion. Hmm this one is a bit hard for me. Fashion in terms of clothing was never a big thing for me. In fact, I wore men’s clothes for a while (sometimes, I still do) because they’re more comfortable. I wore hideous sweats and baggy shirts in high school because I didn’t want to change for PE. I’m all about comfort. I ditched high heels before I even hit 20 years old.
What I did buy into was more so hair and makeup. Especially makeup.
I’ve always loved Old Hollywood Glam. When I do my makeup, it is often with the goal to achieve this look. I draw a lot of inspiration from Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn Monroe is known for acting, but she was also a model and singer. She’s known as the “blonde bombshell.” Her most popular song is “Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend.”
I absolutely love her glammed lips and I went for a similar look in the photos of my lips the other day. Eye makeup would be a tad different as I’d try to smoke it out a bit, not a whole lot. With a dramatic lip, I wouldn’t want to go too dramatic with the eyes. But adding grays and browns to the eye makeup along with a small cat eye, makes the whole look a bit more sultry and seductive. And you know I’m all about seducing Sir. It’s also similar to a look that I did on my first date with lover.
OLD HOLLYWOOD GLAM
To achieve the Old Hollywood Glam lips, you could do something like this…
- Prime your lips first. I like to use MAC’s Prep + Prime, but there are many other options on Elle. I like to let it set for a bit so I’ll do the rest of my makeup in the interim.
- Line your lips. If you lips are on the smaller side, it’s totally okay to draw outside the lines to give your lips a fuller look. I tend to use Nightmoth, Vino, or Currant by MAC. You can check out the dupes for Nightmoth, Vino, and Currant.
- Fill in the inner corners of your lips on both the top and bottom. You all fill in most of the center of you lip. Here’s a very wonky markup of how it should be lined and filled.
- Smack your lips together so the lip liner won’t look so harsh.
- Fill your whole lip with a matte red lipstick. My favorite is MAC Viva Glam 1, here are some dupes.
- Gloss the center of your lips with a blue-red gloss. I use MAC Viva Glam Rihanna (not the second one, but the first edition). I believe it’s discontinued so you can use one of these dupes. Here is an example of the part of your lips to gloss.
- Now your lips are complete! Here is an example of what it could look like.
HOW I DRESS
Um Sir said that if he saw me walking down the street without having known anything about me, he would’ve assumed I was a church girl. That should tell you a bit about my fashion sense. I dress conservatively…but Sir mostly sees me naked.
One day, I sent him a picture of me wearing a dress. Sir thought I was going out. I had told him that I had worn the dress during the day. He wasn’t used to seeing me in clothes haha.
The Sassy Sub Daily